https://www.royalroad.com/profile/490866/fictions

Hey my novel will also now be on royal road

Episode 8: NO SCHOOL HERE


                                    Click here for the Episodes


"AHHHHHHHH" There before me was the huge black dragon again. I then calmed myself, as the dragon transformed remembering that he was an old man. I looked around and saw it was the same woods and cave. Nice to be out of there, It sucked.


I then realized there was a glow coming from the ground. I looked. "AHHHHHH!! I am on fire!! I started to run crazy forgetting to drop and roll. I mean, who actually would do that when their left wrist is on fire! I then realized it didn't hurt. When the small fire dissipated, I saw a marking around my wrist.


"Are you done screaming? You are one of the loudest human alarm clocks I know. So what happened there, my boy?" the black-cloaked wizard asked. 


"Well, you see.." As I told him about my quest in the cave, we ate the bug-like soup. After the explanation, I realized something. "Hey old man, why didn't you go in there?"


"Well, the cave shows one's true form. I am a dragon, so it would be much too small for me. Also, that cave is only allowed to be entered by a hero."


"Well, can't deny that I am quite cool. Also, what is this mark on my wrist?"


"That is the mark of a hero. Every Star Wizard has a unique mark around their wrist too. This just means that you have become a Star Wizard. Let me look at it." he asked. So I showed him. "Yes, this certainly looks like the mark of Emarld the Young.


"Cool so now that I've completed that cave, can I leave?"


"No. Remember I still have to teach you magic."


I ran. 


Heck, why would I want to do school in a world like this? I ran and ran. This time, I actually started to gain ground. Nothing was preventing me from leaving. I want to have fun here. No one is going to make me a hero. HAHAHAHA. 


"WAIT!!! Stop running!! Wait, you are going to fa....


I couldn't hear the old wizard anymore. YES! I looked back..... Then I fell. "Not Again! AHHHHH!" I fell straight down. I could see clouds in the night approaching me fast. Maybe school isn't so bad. I thought as I was plummeting to my death. I was drenched after going through the clouds. 


Emerald help me out!!


<Can't. I am eating rice.>


What do you mean you can't. If I die, YOU DIE.


<You'll be fine. Pry to some gods or something. I'll pry to the god of rice or something for you>


"AHHHHH" Whatever gods are out there!! HELP ME!! God of....... Handsomeness! SAVE ME." I fell into the trees. I hit my head into a tree and passed out.


.....


"Ughh. My head. It hurts." I looked around and noticed it was a bright morning. I was in a small clearing of woods. The sun? Oh, THE SUN? THE REAL BIG BALL OF FIRE! OH, HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU, MY BELOVED! My eyes little wet as I thought emotionally.


<How are you going to survive out in the wild>


Don't ruin the moment. OH AH, SOLID GROUND! As I was kissing the ground, I heard something. I looked up and there it was, some kind of bear. Its head was a bear, but its body was smooth and it had six legs. It was a little bit smaller than a bus. I quickly ducked my head. 


<How are you going to escape from that monster.>


NOT HELPING! I started to crawl slowly away. As I was crawling, I cracked a branch. Then I heard the bear thing screeching like a bird, which was not what I was expecting. I stood up and started to run. The bear-like thing started to chase me.  


I ran in a zic zac. I thought that was what you did when you trying to run from a bear. Or was an alligator. I couldn't remember. I looked back and saw that the bear thing was losing ground. I AM Winning!


I kept at a good pace for a while. Then I stopped to catch my breath. I looked around making sure nothing dangerous was around. Then I kept walking. 


It was now nightfall. I took a couple sticks and tried to start a fire. How am I going to start a fire? Then I remembered the wired noises the old wizard was using. I stuck my hands out and chanted the same thing. BOOM! 


There was this huge fireball that blasted out of my hand. I quickly backed away. It didn't do that for the old nerd. At least I have a campfire now.  I then attempted to try to build a shelter for me but failed miserably. So I decided to just sleep out in the open night. I really hope it doesn't rain. Well, it is the dream of every boy to go to a fantasy world. I fell asleep.


.....


When I woke up, I started to walk again through the woods. I walked and walked. I was dying of boredom. Then at noon, I saw something or someone. I approached carefully. Then I saw a "Girl?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this!