https://www.royalroad.com/profile/490866/fictions

Hey my novel will also now be on royal road

Episode 11: To the Capital

                                Click here for the Episodes



After a good afternoon nap, I awoke to the sound of talking and the smell of food. I still felt a little dizzy from helping out the town the day before. Hey Emerald do you get affected if I get sick or something?


<Nope not really. Sometimes your mind does get jumbled a little bit when you have a headache.>


Ok cool. I then walked outside of my tent and went to find Ariella. As I was walking, I finally had a chance to absorb my surroundings. The town was pretty big and had around a hundred houses. The size of the houses could at least fit five people on average. This town was in the middle of the Strom Forest from what I gathered. 


I kept to myself trying to find the chief's house, but people were coming up to me to thank me. One little girl handed me a flower that was unlike any other I had ever seen. I thanked her and patted her head. Finally, I found the chief house and went in.


"Ah! Ouch." The instant I walked through, a book decided to meet my handsome face.


"You sleepy head! I had to wait the whole time while your weak little body was recovering!"


"Please Lady Rose, if you don't mind, can you not throw out the only book that I own." He said weakly. I saw a young man recovering the book.


"Not my fault besides, I need my beauty nap." 


"You got no beauty at all, so you don't need it. Also, why would anyone even want to look at a face like yours?" She said crossing her arms and looking away. I noticed it was a very common pose she does when she is full of herself.


"I'll have you know, all the girls would pay a good amount to see my face, but I am generous and do it for free. You should be honored!" I really did think having confidence in yourself is really how to make yourself look good! 


"Please, we have matters to discuss about her Ladyship, Rose's home." The young man said. He was a pretty big guy but acted quite weak. He wore simple light brown clothes and dark brown paints. In fact, that seems to be the norm in this whole town. 


"Why would we want to discuss about granny's home." I asked "OOF!" I got elbowed right in the ribs by Ariella. I think I have now had three broken ribs. 


"Well, the matter the fact is that a Dragon is going to attack the city of Jal. The Rosewater doesn't; know about this though and we can't send any messenger right now. The Dragon is called 13.


"What? And also why do you talk as though there aren't many of them?" 


"Why I am surprised you don't know this, but there are only nineteen Dragons in this world called the Numbers. Then there are the five Dragon Peeks and then the Dragon god Citrine the Wise. Each of the Number Dagons has the destructive power of natural disasters or is even stronger! The dragon peek can wipe out a whole country, while the Dagon god just rules this whole world!"


Wow sounds pretty cool! I would think that there would at least be more dragons than that. Are they really that rare? "So you're saying that they're the top of the food chain?"


"Yes!" the chief said. I noticed that Ariella was looking dumbfounded. This must be too much information for her. I shaked my head back a forth. 


"So what do you want us to do then and how long do we have till the Dragon attacks?" 


"Well, I learned from her Ladyship that you are a hero of another world. I know that you guys are traveling toward the city of Jal so please save the city. The Dragon will be attacking around two weeks he said. A dragon's word is always true."


Heck! How am I supposed to go against natural disasters? They are called that because nothing could be done to prevent it or get rid of it. "Um.. don't know."


"Of course, we will save my hometown! I am a hero after all." 


"Speaking of that, do you have a mark like mine?" I had been wondering for a while so I tried to take a peek at her wrists but she punched me.


"Well of course I do!" Then she barely lifted her long sky-blue skirt. Then I saw that on her left ankle, there was a mark that was similar to mine, but still different. I was going to ask her if she had a talking voice inside of her too, but decided to ask later.


"So hero would you please join our Lady ship to save her home!" the young chief said. 


I guess why not. I am sure I'll be fine, Even against a dragon. "Sure I guess. However, I need a teacher to help me learn to fight or something along that line."


"I WILL HELP!" Ariella yelled out doing her pose.


"NO!" I did not want a maniac to teach me how to fight. 


"I do know a magician and a sword master in the city. He is quite renowned for being the top teacher there is. I'll write a letter of introduction for you guys. Not like you need one but just in case."


"Thanks. Then I guess we should head out as soon as possible to make it there. Then I will have to learn to fight. Piece of cake. Right?" After talking a bit more, we got out self the only two horses here. I had horse lessons for a school trip so I was good. Or at least I thought I was good. 


When we arrived at the barn, I saw the horses, or really donkeys with no teeth and red fur. I did not want to ride the thing but Ariella threatened me. So we headed to the capital by sunset. 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading this!